No Jumper in Nowhere
Projected Performance in Sahara Desert
Video Length: 02:41
As a former professional athletic high jumper in Greece, Giota Papakyriakou (now an artist) was filmed
aimlessly jumping and bumping in between (two) walls, until she was physically exhausted.
The physical space in the film was then removed by digital manipulation,
and projected on to an open sand field of Sahara desert.
The work explores and relates to
- Being (Exists = "There is.") and non-being (Non-existent things)
- Durational projection takes on a life of their own in the presence
- Spatiality : Artificial (static) and natural (impermanent) space
- Appearance; "appears, seems like" = "in doubt"
- Subjectively, to register a judgement on the experience
I Wish You Pluffy Pluffy, 2017
Sound Ball Game: Watermelon Salad, 2017
Momo, The Talking Hair, 2016 Study of Pores, 2016 No Jumper in Nowhere, 2016 From Kendra, with Love (let's not talk about it)., 2016 The Poems of Walls #1-4, 2016 Wood-Eye, Eye-Human (木-目，目-人), 2016 Want To Be Gulugulu With You, 2016
.................... 2015 "It Says There Is A Dead Body", 2015 Me(n)tal Skin Cage 02, 2015 280 Hours of Attachment, 2015 Exposure Practice I & II, 2015
Me(n)tal Skin Cage 01, 2014 Absent Friends, 2014
The Tiniest Projects, 2011- Mary's Everlasting Vacation Project Stuff leaking out from my mind to studios, 2009- Body Boxes, 2013